Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Toile De Boy

Hello again Design Dazzle readers! It's Autumn Clemons here, excited to share
with you the room I designed for my little boy. The inspiration for the room
came from some "manly" toile fabric that was given to me.
I pulled in some plaids on the window treatments and pillow sham,
  houndstooth accents, and grey men's suiting on the bedskirt to keep the
toile from looking too feminine.

Red and blue accents really add a punch of fun.

Some vintage license plates personalize the space and add color.
You can find the tutorial for making the houndstooth antlers here.

The cheetah sheets add some fun.



A close up of the vintage car embroideries.
I wrote about how you can incorporate vintage embroideries into
your children's room here.

Vintage post cards, matted with scrapbook paper
and inexpensive frames are another easy DIY project that
can add charm and personality to any kids room.
I hope you enjoyed the tour!

Autumn Clemons is an interior designer and author of the blog design*dump.




No comments:

Post a Comment