Monday, August 9, 2010

Vintage Glam Nursery

Vintage glam nursery at it's best. Pink peacock wallpaper, mirrored dresser, modern crib, glam accents make for a beautiful nursery. Dee from Sproutstyle designed this nursery for her baby girl.

Dee describes the room: "I knew I wanted a room that would grow with Claire, and in a modern-vintage style, but as far as color, I was leaning towards turquoise and red until I found this amazing pink paper. It's called "exotic" (did you notice the peacock print?) and can be purchased at Graham and Brown (grahamandbrown.com). In addition to the Julie MacDonald Wallpaper, I painted (or should I say my lucky husband painted..and sponged) a beautiful metallic finish on the walls from Sherwin Williams. I decided on the Cube Crib from Baby's Dream, purchased from Kids-n-Cribs (kidsncribs.com), due to the very clean lines.  I opted not to purchase the matching changing table, and instead bought the mirrored Hayworth dresser from Pier One (pierone.com).  The iron letter hooks are from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child (rhbabyandchild.com).  I found the crystal chandelier at the Restoration Hardware clearance center in Destin, Florida for a steal!  The pink velour curtains are from Pottery Barn Teen (pbteen.com).  The iron side table is from Ikea (ikea.com) and lamp is from Anthropologie (anthropologie.com).  The custom artwork (containing a photo of myself and my sister when we were girls) is by Michelle Repici (michellerepici.com)."


Doesn't this drapery tieback evoke Hollywood glam movie star dress? Perfect detail!

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful nursery, Dee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment