Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fashionable Teen Hangout Lounge

Michele Tabor of The Decorating Divas created this adorable girls rock lounge with shades of pink, black, white, & a touch of silver. Aren't you loving the zebra print, guitar print, and all the girly things? Michele's daughter calls it her "lounge".


1. What gave you the idea for the room? Anything special that inspired you?

Girls Rock was the idea & theme for this room. I found some guitar wall art and went from there!

2. What is the wall paint color? Any do-it-yourself projects?
The wall color is Porter Paints Muted Fuchsia, and the leopard spots are Tutti Frutti. I made the
dressing table/vanity in her "dressing room" from an old desk she had as toddler and covered it in
pink satin and silver lame and trimmed with feather boa!


3. Please share any bedding, art, furniture finds? What's your favorite purchase? Is there something you had to have?   Any interesting facts our readers would want to know?

I did 3 rooms for my daughter, bedroom, bath and playroom, so I was on a budget and paint and
carpet took up a lot of that. So I got 2 $30 bookshelves & 1 $40 TV Stand from Walmart and
made an entertainment unit. I found the futon & a lamp at Target. Accessories from everywhere
like Kirklands, Hobby Lobby, etc. I found the chandelier on ebay for $25, it was brass & I had
it painted with zebra  polka dots!! The Leopard spots idea on the wall came to me at 3am! I didn't sleep much during this project, but the leopard spots are probably my favorite part of the room!!



Zebra Print Window Panel Curtains, Set of 2

LA Rug Flokati Rug Hot Pink 39"x58"
LA Rug Flokati Rug Hot Pink

Update: The dressing room...



Too fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment