Friday, February 19, 2010

Girls Room: Decorating On A Budget

  
Take a tour of this room that was decorated for very, very little money! Rachel is a thrifty, creative gal who found items on craigs list, garage sales, clearance table or free. Adorable vinyl decal tree sold here. Check out the before and afters...


 
Rachel describes the process, "Under the shelf I glued scrapbook paper on clothes pins and then hung them under the shelf.  The desk was FREE on freecycle.org and I primed and painted this with paint I already had (that was ALSO free)...I then found flowers I liked in my digital scrapbooking stuff and printed them out bigger. I used mod podge to put them on the desk, and then cut green paper out in thin lines for the flower stems and used mod podge to attach that as well. The grass was left over from my big vinyl tree scene. " For more photos and amazing creative ideas visit Memories and Mayhem.

 
After

Before


 
Table cloth cut in half, hung and ribbons added - clever!!
 
Old dresser made new with paint and decoupage paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment